Dennis is a highly sought-after doctoral candidate.
非常吃香的准博士
It’s like looking into an obnoxious little mirror,isn’t it?
是不是感觉像看着一面令人讨厌的镜子?
A tale of woe,perhaps?
可能是一个悲情故事?
Today,I went from being Wolfgang Amadeu Mozart to Antonio Salieri.
You don’t have so many friends that you can afford to start insulting them.
你并没有那么多朋友可以留给你来侮辱。
It’s what a rational person does when his entire life’s work is invalidated by a post-pubescent Asian wunderkind.
当他花了一辈子所完成的成果被一个刚过青春期的亚洲神童否决时,任何理性的人都会这么做的。
There’s no reason to feel uncomfortable just because we’ve seen each other;s faces and naked bodies contorted in the sweet agony of coitus.
没有任何理由只因为我们看过彼此在极度激动的快感下那扭曲的脸和裸体就感到有什么尴尬的。
This sandwich is an unmitigated disaster.
这三明治真是个彻底的失败品。
That failure clearly stands on its own.
这个失败是显而易见的。
In principle,you have a point.But as a practical matter,need I remind you that it takes experimental pharmaceuticals to simply enable you to speak to the opposite sex.
理论上,你说的没错。允许我提醒你以下,你都需要实验性药品才能让你更容易开口跟异性说话。
I am not saying that I should be the sole decider of who you mate with.
我不是说我要专横地决定你要和谁在一起。
We might as well stop.It’s a stalemate.
我们还是结束吧。打成平手。
He’s lactose intolerant.
他乳糖过敏的。
I did your horoscope.
我占卜过你的星座。
We have no overlapping areas of interest I’m aware of.
就我所知,我们没有什么共同语言。